They are the secret to dealing with hot weather and busy days.
Here are some tips that I always keep in mind when fixing myself a salad as the main course:
1. Buying salad mix in a bag. The lettuce comes already washed and ready to be served. The mix might be a little bit more expensive but I believe it pays up for the time it takes to cut, wash and dry regular lettuce.
2. Making my own salad dressing is not complicated at all. The easiest I've found is mixing a spoon of dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper.
3. Adding avocado will keep me from adding dressing to a salad. They are so tasty and an instant salad booster.
4. Beans & chickpeas will automatically make your salad richer both in taste and filling.
5. I don't hold back. I let my self have a big salad if I want to. As long as it is a smart salad.
I know there is a big misconception that 1. salads are for people following a diet and 2. they are not filling and will leave you hungry.
Both of them are wrong.
Give the salads a chance! Try adding some vegetables. Two good options are broccoli or green beans. You can add some herbs too! Like coriander or basil!
Tell me...are you a salad person? are you a salad hater? Do you have any cool salad tips? Share! Share!