Hi, my name is Ruth and this is my blog.
I live in El Salvador and here is where I make myself run, do yoga and eat healthy. I do it because I find it helps me be happy.
Since I’ll be turning 30 this year I am honoring this number by sharing a list of thirty facts about me:
1. I am from El Salvador and spanish is my first language
2. I am married to Heinz who is half German/half Salvadorean
3. I have a degree in Social Communication and a masters degree in Art Market and Cultural Management.
4. My mom and my sister are my best friends
5. I find pleasure in the art of planning.
6. I lived in France and Spain.
7. I am obsessed with post-its. All sizes, all colors, all purposes they are a true gift from 3M life to humanity.
8. I am obsessed with Anthony Bourdain. In fact yesterday I had a dream where he came to El Salvador and I was his guide.
9. I am obsessed with running.
10. I tend to get obsessed with things.
11. I make lists, and lists of lists and then I prioritize my lists.
12. I believe you get what you give
13. I LOVE food. I love it so much I started working out as a way to keep eating whatever I wanted. (I hated working out -more on this story here-)
14. I was never a sporty girl. I believe to this day my physical education teacher still hates me. It all changed when I started running.
15. I see my life as a project.
I6. I have goals- all kinds of them- daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and so on. It may be kind of obsessive but I absolutely dislike the sense of drifting and above all I dislike meaningless days.
17. I dislike meaningless days!
18. I have strong opinions but if I’m not asked I will not tell them.
19. Best date night: beer and pizza.
20. I want to be a columnist.
21. I dream a lot! and my dreams tend to be particularly curious. Obama, Kate Hudson, Gael Garcia, the Jolie-Pitts and Anthony Bourdain are some of the people that have been in my dreams.
23. I can be annoyingly enthusiastic.
24. I talk…A LOT!
25. I want to be a certified yoga instructor. I am a certified yoga teacher! You can read about my jungle adventure here
26. I love colorful nail polish
27. I love to travel.
28. I have a tattoo of the elephant and the boa drawing.
29. I love dogs!
30. A new day is a new beginning.
as of 2012...31. Marathoner! You can read about it here
About my blog.
The idea behind this blog is to share and hopefully motivate anyone to embrace a healthy/conscious/happy living.
My blog is my story, the story of how everyday I try to live a healthy/conscious/happy life. I run because it helps me set goals. I do yoga as it constantly teaches me to embrace the moment and I try to eat healthy because the food we eat is our fuel for the body and soul. I write about it as a way to register, track and share it.
But whether its yoga, drawing, cooking or swimming the point is to be aware that everything we do/not do is a decision - from having an apple as a snack to taking or quitting a job, from getting married and having children to getting up early or staying up late… everything we do is a decision we chose to take and every decision we make – I believe- should bring us closer to our life goals and becoming who we want to be.
Photography by Natalia Corado